Computer Issues

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Computer Issues

Post  the1koolkitty on Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:28 pm

Ugh...so I've been saddled with some big computer problems. Long story short, I was updating my virus software, and in the middle of updating it, in that brief couple of moments that the new program had deleted the old program, even though I had no Internet brower open at the time, I got saddled with a whole bunch of viruses. I had to restore my computer -- christened "Lucius," by me, by the by -- and now the old virus software isn't working and the new stuff won't fully download. So now I'm stuck keeping Lucius in Safe Mode while I troubleshoot it with help from the anti-virus program people. Being in Safe Mode means that I cannot download or edit anything. I can upload finished movie files, but I cannot work on anything with my video editor program as of yet, if for no other reason that Safe Mode does not have sound. Hopefully this whole thing will be resolved very soon, but for now, I'm kind of stuck. I do still have my phone at least, so I can stay up-to-date on the forum and watch videos from Youtube on it in the meantime. Neutral
the1koolkitty

Back to top Go down

Re: Computer Issues

Post  sparrow12592 on Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:53 pm

Oh dear. I'm sorry about your computer. Sad
sparrow12592

Back to top Go down

Post  the1koolkitty on Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:07 pm

Thanks, hon...I'm trying to stay as patient as I can with mean old Lucius, but he certainly is earning his name at the moment. *siiiigh* No
the1koolkitty

Back to top Go down

Post  zerosnumber1 on Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:30 pm

I know you've already told me this, but I wanted to say that I am sorry again. What anti-virus software did you have? If I may ask, because I once had Norton and that "anti-virus" software ended up giving me a virus. Also if you need any help with any MEPs your hosting currently I'd be more than happy to help take over (downloading parts/putting a MEP together) while your computer is being fixed. Once it's fixed I'm more than happy to step back, but only if you need help ♡♡
zerosnumber1
Admin

http://www.wix.com/disneyfangirlzstudio/disneyfangirlzstudios#!

Back to top Go down

Post  the1koolkitty on Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:33 pm

I've been using Kaspersky -- really, it's worked very well for me up until this point, so this was an abrupt right-turn into Piss-Tory-Off-Land. Mad

And as I said before, I really appreciate that, love. Smile None of my MEPs have deadlines until the end of the month, so hopefully that'll be enough time...
the1koolkitty

Back to top Go down

Post  zerosnumber1 on Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:37 pm

the1koolkitty wrote:I've been using Kaspersky -- really, it's worked very well for me up until this point, so this was an abrupt right-turn into Piss-Tory-Off-Land. Mad

And as I said before, I really appreciate that, love. Smile None of my MEPs have deadlines until the end of the month, so hopefully that'll be enough time...

Interesting I've never heard of that software, but then the only ones I've used before was Norton and webroot, so what do I know?

Hopefully and no prob ^^
zerosnumber1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  the1koolkitty on Sun May 03, 2015 9:02 pm

Well, I have a new computer with Internet at long last! Only problem now is that my video editing software's CD has mysteriously disappeared. Neutral So until I can find it, I will have to make my videos on my still-somewhat-broken computer, Lucius, and then bring them over to my new laptop (which I decide will be named Narcissa)...so I am now only in semi-hiatus! I may have some difficulty putting together my own MEPs still, but at least I can help other people finish theirs with less difficulty. *sigh*
the1koolkitty

Back to top Go down

Post  zerosnumber1 on Tue May 12, 2015 10:38 am

the1koolkitty wrote:Well, I have a new computer with Internet at long last! Only problem now is that my video editing software's CD has mysteriously disappeared.  Neutral  So until I can find it, I will have to make my videos on my still-somewhat-broken computer, Lucius, and then bring them over to my new laptop (which I decide will be named Narcissa)...so I am now only in semi-hiatus! I may have some difficulty putting together my own MEPs still, but at least I can help other people finish theirs with less difficulty. *sigh*
If you want you could borrow my SV dvd software. I know it's not like the one you normally use, but it could hold you over till you find your dvd or buy a new one.
zerosnumber1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  the1koolkitty on Wed May 13, 2015 10:02 am

Thanks, honey -- fortunately today my new software arrived, so I can now officially end my long hiatus!! Very Happy
the1koolkitty

Back to top Go down

Post  zerosnumber1 on Thu May 14, 2015 12:51 pm

the1koolkitty wrote:Thanks, honey -- fortunately today my new software arrived, so I can now officially end my long hiatus!! Very Happy
Ok and yay ^.^
zerosnumber1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top