DisneyFanGirlzStudio
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hiatus Notice (sorry)

4 posters

Go down

Hiatus Notice (sorry) Empty Hiatus Notice (sorry)

Post  DustedMorphagus Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:51 pm

I know this is probably making a HORRIBLE first impression but I'm planning on taking a break from editing pretty soon. I'm going to join a couple of MEPs first so I can show that I'm active and I'll still log into the forum but I really need this break. I've had a lot of personal issues going on that's all in a vent video on my channel if you want to know whats going on and I really need to clear my head and focus on that. Hopefully I'll be able to be apart of this group properly soon Smile
DustedMorphagus
DustedMorphagus

Back to top Go down

Hiatus Notice (sorry) Empty Re: Hiatus Notice (sorry)

Post  zerosnumber1 Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:16 pm

DustedMorphagus wrote:I know this is probably making a HORRIBLE first impression but I'm planning on taking a break from editing pretty soon. I'm going to join a couple of MEPs first so I can show that I'm active and I'll still log into the forum but I really need this break. I've had a lot of personal issues going on that's all in a vent video on my channel if you want to know whats going on and I really need to clear my head and focus on that. Hopefully I'll be able to be apart of this group properly soon Smile
you've already talked to me about this and no problem at all. thank you for letting us know. Taking care of your well-being is most important, so as long as you need we'll always be here for love and support <3
zerosnumber1
zerosnumber1
Admin

http://www.wix.com/disneyfangirlzstudio/disneyfangirlzstudios#!

Back to top Go down

Post  luvsamie Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:36 pm

Pleasure to have you apart of our family love, I'm Anya Smile we totally understand and look forward to your return. If you have any other questions or concerns feel free to contact us at any time <3
luvsamie
luvsamie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  zerosnumber1 Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:41 pm

yes sweetie, as samie (Anya) said you can contact her or I anytime you need Smile *hugs*
zerosnumber1
zerosnumber1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  zerosnumber1 Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:57 pm

Hi Zarina,
I posted a comment on your Hiatus video, but i feel my comment could really apply to anyone on DFGS, so i hope you don't mind that i posted it here too. I put a lot of time and thought into this comment and i honestly could have put more, but i didn't want to overwhelm you too much:

"Sorry this message is so terribly long; I just had to poor my heart out to you. I hope what I say helps you:
If you ever need to talk, you can talk to me. I sort of had a similar situation. A few years ago my uncle was my world, I looked up to him, and little did my mom or I know at the time that he too was fighting depression. Unfortunately, he wasn't strong enough to fight and ended up taking his life and a few days later my aunt died in her sleep naturally (different side of the family). It changed my life completely because I felt at the time I had no one left, I had no family, but my mom, and I thought I had to be the one that must stay strong for both sides of my family. With my uncle, I was the only family left that my mom had and being raised partly Filipino the oldest takes care of their parents when they are their old. I thought at 17 my life was over and I was going to have to grow up and start taking care of my mom because she had no one left. For my dad, with his only sister dying he became quite out of it, and I felt I had to take it upon myself to let the rest of the family know that she had died because my uncle (her husband) and cousin (her younger son) didn’t want to even want to let her children and grandchildren know that she had died, and I felt that it wasn’t right. I felt that I had to be the strong one in the family and act like everything was ok, when it really wasn’t. It wasn’t till my friends from school and church surrounded me giving me the support and love I needed to move on. I realized that I didn’t have any family, but I had MORE family THAN EVER. My school, church, and what little family I did have left became my family, just because some weren’t related to me doesn’t mean they aren’t family. I have NEVER told anyone this before, but I feel that’s why I wanted to create DFGS, so that it could be a support group for fellow editors. I wanted us to have an environment like no studios that I had ever seen before. I wanted our members to become one another’s brothers and sister and become family. When I created it over 3 years ago (the same year my uncle/aunt died) I never knew how great it would become. I have made long life friends because of it and the members have even taught me a few things and they have been there to support one another along each of our struggles. TRUST ME when I say it isn’t selfish to want to live your life AND your dream, sometimes dreams can change for the better. For instance, my uncle and aunt died right before I graduated high school and I originally wanted to go to college in Hawaii, but I felt I couldn’t leave my family at the time because they needed me. However, I compromised and went to community college near my family and friends and I felt I could always transfer later. If I didn’t do that, then I wouldn’t have made some of the lifelong friends that I’ve made today because I would have NEVER met them. I mean I wouldn’t have gotten real close to the1koolkitty and become really great friends with her, if I would have never met her in real life and if I had moved to Hawaii. We have so much in common and I feel like we have become one another’s support group, she has become like a big sister to me. We go to Disneyland and hang as often as we can. Also my friend (I shall call her) Kat, if I would have never gone to community college I would have NEVER met her in my geology class and she wouldn’t be my harry potter crazed bestie. LOL after class we would sing Starkid AVPM songs together in the cold, sometimes rainy, nights. Some people would call us mental, but I just call that a true fandom friend. As Flynn Rider once said, dreams can change and they [my friends] have become my NEW Dream. I don’t know where you live, but moving all the way to London isn’t the only way to make you happy, but you can try and compromise and try and see if they have a really good costume design school you could go and intern for, such as Parsons in New York where Tim Gunn works. Who knows, maybe like my dream, it could become even better. Ultimately it is the choices you make and the people you choose to have in your life that will determine what your future will bring. ONLY YOU can choose the path that will bring you happiness, and it is NOT selfish to make the right choices FOR YOURSELF. And ultimately those who TRULY LOVE YOU will SUPPORT YOU with your choices."

~zero
zerosnumber1
zerosnumber1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DustedMorphagus Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:53 pm

Thanks so much guys :,) It's just been really tough recently and I thought I should let you know that I need time out. And thanks for that comment Zero, i really needed to hear that.
DustedMorphagus
DustedMorphagus

Back to top Go down

Post  the1koolkitty Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:55 pm

Don't worry about impressions, chere -- RL always comes first in this situation, particularly with what's been going on in with you. Come back only when you're ready...we'll be here.

I will be honest -- as an only child, I will never completely understand the turmoil and pain you are going through. What I do understand, however, is the feeling of someone you love being unhealthy and there being little you can do about it. Since I can remember, my mother (who was already rather old having me) has been in poor health. She's had a knee so badly damaged she could barely walk since she was in college, and on top of it, she's been overweight her entire life due to a thyroid condition and as a consequence has always been on four or five different medications. Even when I was little I had to always wait up or go easy with my mother because I loved her so much and I wanted to spend time with her, and given that my father was absent a lot of the time, she was my main source of love and affection. Still, we never could go running around a park or anything -- even when I was very little going to Disneyland, we couldn't go on a lot of rides together because of how small the seats were. We'd have to take lots of breaks in whatever we were doing so she could keep up. But that was okay -- I wanted to be with her, so that was the price. What's frightening now as a young adult is that she recently came of age to retire and so it is very clear that she could die much sooner than most parents would in their children's lives. My grandfather has lived into his 90's, but he's always been in amazing health -- my mother has not. Some of her friends, only a few years older than her, have already passed -- heck, my godfather, who was less than ten years only than my mother, died of cancer three years ago, and his wife, my godmother, has retreated so far into her alcohol that I worry every day if she'll be following right along after him. I don't share these thoughts with my mother even now, though, for I'm sure she worries about when she'll be gone just as much as I do, and I want her to be happy. Things have gone so right for her despite her poor health, and I don't want to take that away from her for the world. There was a point when I felt very reluctant to leave her in San Diego when I planned to move up to Anaheim fully to work at Disneyland, and I did tell her that much. She told me that I couldn't put my life on hold just to worry about what might be -- you can be there for those you love, but anyone you love who loves you in return wants you to be happy. For me, I love working at Disneyland -- it makes me feel happier and more fulfilled than I've ever been before -- and that dream was only one in a long line of dreams I've had and discarded in my life. If you decide to chase your dream, that's okay; if you decide to leave your dream temporarily, that's okay; if you decide to go find a new dreams, that's okay too. Whatever choice you make, make it the one you want to make for yourself. Your loved ones will stand with you, and that includes us! As Zero said, we've made a great little family here at DFGS, and now you're in it too. If you want to talk any time, just PM or email me. Smile
the1koolkitty
the1koolkitty

Back to top Go down

Post  zerosnumber1 Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:17 pm

oh tory,
your words made me cry they were beautiful. I never knew this about you and your life when it came to your mom. I always thought i was the only one that had that problem. As you know my mom is older and takes a lot of medications to stay alive (something like 40?) and her knees aren't the best. I was always afraid that i was never going to be able to leave home because i was afraid to leave her because she needs me to do a lot of things, but because of meeting you and getting to know you better you've made me realized it's ok to spread your wings and fly away to live your own life. It's not goodbye, because you know how i hate goodbyes, but just farewell for now and you can always keep in contact. You've inspired me and let me know it's ok to move out, like i'll probably have to do pretty soon when i transfer. omg sorry i know your words weren't meant for me, but they were just so lovely and it makes me get to know you just a bit better even now and realize that we have even more in common. Oh snap i'm so emotional right now, you have such a way with words. And i feel like you are the big sister i never had ^.^
zerosnumber1
zerosnumber1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  the1koolkitty Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:39 pm

Aww, Zero m'dear, I'm glad my experiences can help you at all. I feel very fortunate that despite my mother's poor health physically, she's always been there psychologically and emotionally for me, just like your mother has for you. *huggles* If you ever want to talk, you know I'm here. Hell, I'm still getting used to doing everything myself! I'm happy to be your "big sister!" LOL. I love you
the1koolkitty
the1koolkitty

Back to top Go down

Post  zerosnumber1 Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:22 pm

the1koolkitty wrote:Aww, Zero m'dear, I'm glad my experiences can help you at all. I feel very fortunate that despite my mother's poor health physically, she's always been there psychologically and emotionally for me, just like your mother has for you. *huggles* If you ever want to talk, you know I'm here. Hell, I'm still getting used to doing everything myself! I'm happy to be your "big sister!" LOL. I love you
awh ^^ your too sweet *hugs*
zerosnumber1
zerosnumber1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DustedMorphagus Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:10 am

Sorry guys, Im at a real low point at the moment and I NEED to stop editong now. Everything is just getting worse, I hope you'll understand.
DustedMorphagus
DustedMorphagus

Back to top Go down

Post  zerosnumber1 Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:17 pm

DustedMorphagus wrote:Sorry guys, Im at a real low point at the moment and I NEED to stop editong now. Everything is just getting worse, I hope you'll understand.
we understand. no problem, take as much time as you need. we all <3 you
zerosnumber1
zerosnumber1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DustedMorphagus Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:13 pm

Okay I know I put in the video on my channel that I wouldn't be back until Mid February at the EARLIEST but I missed editing too much so HERE I AM!!! XDDD (plus I really fail at taking time off editing Razz oops ^^)
DustedMorphagus
DustedMorphagus

Back to top Go down

Post  zerosnumber1 Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:46 pm

DustedMorphagus wrote:Okay I know I put in the video on my channel that I wouldn't be back until Mid February at the EARLIEST but I missed editing too much so HERE I AM!!! XDDD (plus I really fail at taking time off editing Razz oops ^^)
lol it's ok. Glad to have you back Smile
zerosnumber1
zerosnumber1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down